- Would you like to build a platform for yourself and your business
- Are you looking for a site which you can easily update yourself?
- Have you been put off using other web designers, thinking that they might not understand your needs?
A site like this might be the answer:
- You can incorporate a blog – great for getting visitors & interaction
- It costs MUCH LESS to create than normal sites – see costs below
- It’s really easy to update – I can show you how
- You won’t have pay for simple changes which you can make yourself
- There’s no special equipment needed – just a computer with an internet connection
In other words, it is great for people who want a professional web presence but don’t necessarily have a spare £500 – £1000 to spend.
I don’t want to get too technical here because, quite frankly, not everyone is as interested in web design as me, but this site was made using software which started out as a blogging platform* which means is that it was built with updating in mind.
*It’s called WordPress and you can find out more about it here; alternatively drop me a line if you have question about how it could help you.
How I work as a web designer
I have worked in new media since 1996; I have an MSc in Multimedia Technology; I used to lecture in New Media at Edinburgh’s Telford College. I like clean designs and easy-to-use sites. As a writer, I like good copy and a well-structured website; I can advise on both of these.
I hate getting all excited about something and then emailing and finding out that there’s no way I could afford it – a wordpress site, such as the one you are looking at, costs around £200 – £300.
I put around in italics because it will depend on what you need.
When you get in touch, we’ll have a chat so I can find out exactly what you need and provide a quote – no-one likes a nasty surprise!
Why not drop me a line about the sort of site you’d like and I’ll get back to you.
Some of my other sites:
www.alacarteedinburgh.co.uk – homemade food
www.theyoga.co.uk – yoga classes in Fife
www.yogabirth.org – yoga & pregnancy
www.mickfrank.com – photography
www.lmb-arts.co.uk – art consultancy
www.katrinacampbell.co.uk – photography