As well as
struggling with effortlessly balancing family life with creative pursuits, I have something of an obsessive-compulsive disorder regarding stationery. I also make a mean batch of scones and am equally at home fiddling with words, wordpress and pixels.
More fun facts:
- My short story ‘The Doctor’ came first for prose in ‘Inspired? Get Writing!’ – jointly organised by the National Galleries of Scotland and the Scottish Poetry Library. It was published in The Scotsman – those of a nervous disposition, don’t click here!
- I was recently shortlisted for Scottish Book Trust’s New Writers Awards
- I could eat my own bodyweight in caerphilly cheese
- I am delighted to have a story in Scotland’s funkiest literary journal, Gutter
- Last year I read at the Edinburgh International Book Festival, as part of Story Shop, a wonderful programme organised by Edinburgh City of Literature
- I am working on my first novel, a dark tale of obsession, magic and love. It is set in Edinburgh, now and in the 1980′s
- Having three small children (6 and under… arrgh!) most of my writing gets done between 5am and 7am
Photo: me performing at This Collection’s Friendly Poetry Slam, April 2011, taken by the lovely Claire Askew of This Collection