Just a few weeks until I’m helping people create a ‘small-but-perfectly-formed’ writer’s website on 9th March at WriteNow 2012 – a fab Glasgow literary conference with a fantastic line up.
I’m just putting the final touches to the workshop and I am *very* excited about welcoming more writers into the wonderful world of websites and blogging.
So, if you’ve ever wanted your own writer’s website-with-a-blog but…
- you’ve been put off by the cost of setting it up
- you’ve been put off by the cost of making updates after setting it up
- you’ve worried that it’s just too technical and complicated
- you’ve wondered if you’ve actually got anything to, you know, write about
Please come – this one is definitely for you!
You might be wondering… What’s so cool about this workshop?
- You’ll leave with all the skills you need to add and remove pages, text and pictures
- It’s a gentle introduction – if you can use Word, you can use WordPress.com
- The only thing to pay for is the conference itself and there’s LOADS to choose from
Will I have to know lots of technical stuff?
Absolutely not. This workshop is for people who use computers – just normal stuff like emailing, surfing the web, using Word – but who have no specialist internet knowledge.
Will you speak to me in complicated IT Person language?
Really, I won’t. I can be a bit geeky at times but I’m also writer with an MA in English Lit. When I first got started with computers, I was quite honestly thought I might blow the computer up by pressing the wrong key combination. So, if you’re a technophobe, don’t worry, I know how that feels!
If you’re not ready to actually create a website-with-a-blog, but would still like to dip you’re toe in the water, I’m talking about Is blogging for you? At Aye Write!.
PS Wondering what a wordpress website actually looks like? Well, you’re looking at one right now…